Sunday, July 13, 2008

one more ride

It's hard to believe it, but today will be our final ride to the Atlantic ocean. We're getting a ride over the Delaware Memorial bridge into New Jersey and will then ride to the Atlantic City area and the Jersey shore. And then we'll be done...

I must say that the riding we have done in the last week has been pretty much fantastic. The rides we did through the Appalachians were certainly difficult, they were hot, humid, and steep. I could definitely go back to WV and ride more, preferably not on a fully-loaded bike. We only briefly dipped into Virginia proper before heading for Maryland. I must admit that Maryland was a wonderful surprise. The roads were nice, the scenery lovely, and the rolling hills virtually endless. Oh, we were able to meet my old friend Tulley and her fiancé Frank for dinner in Frederick, too. I ended up getting my rear wheel warrantied in Westminster, we stayed in a backyard in Monkton, I managed to pick about a quart of rather unique wild raspberries, and according to my dad, had the best vegetarian meal ever all in one day!

Anyways, we're off to the shore in about an hour and I still need to pack, eat, and get moving.

Cheers to Les Leach and Kathleen, our host in Wilmington, DE and shuttle-drivers.

No comments: